Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide genuine friendly and professional service, with the aim of making the fit-out process an enjoyable experience for our guests
- Fitting guests correctly into well maintained, comfortable equipment which is suited to their needs
- Accurate adjustment of ski and snowboard binding set ups based on the guest requirements
- Accurately and neatly labeling rented ski equipment so guests and valet staff can identify it easily
- Returning, cleaning and servicing gear at the end of rental period
- Keeping all areas of operation clean, tidy and organised
- Assisting with ski valet operations as required.
- Passionate about snow sports and enjoy sharing that enthusiasm
- Interested in skis and boards and snow equipment in general
- Genuinely friendly and professional with great communication skills
- Enjoy working in a busy team environment
- Have a good command of English - the ability to speak a second language such as Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese would be a great plus
Previous experience working as a rental technician is highly regarded – but if you have the above qualities, we are happy to train you and welcome your application.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), triple to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Yama Sports means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Yama Sports will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).